For our ASM Laser Technology Centre we are hiring a Senior Industrial Laser Scientist.
The ASM Laser Separation International is looking for an experienced Chemical Scientist that can contribute to the development of new chemical process steps to improve the laser dicing process. Laser dicing is a power full and well accepted technique in the semiconductor industry. To strengthen this position, the current laser dicing needs to be improved by means of chemical pre- and post-processes. Typical examples of such a process is the development of protective coating which is applied prior to laser dicing or removal of heat damage by plasma etching after laser dicing
The Chemical Scientist contributes to new ideas and developments and is responsible for planning and conducting the experiments, as well as the evaluation and interpretation of the results. He/she will also be strongly involved when new chemical concepts will be integrated in the ALSI machine platform. Furthermore, the Chemical Scientist is responsible for deploying the new concepts and improvements in the field and will act as expert third-line backup for field issues.
The Chemical Scientist is based at our headquearters in Beuningen, Nijmegen Area, and is functionally reporting to ASM ALSI’s R&D Manager and is working in a team with specialists in different fields. The scientist will travel on occasion to other ASM R&D sites, customer’s sites and suppliers.
Overall responsibilities and activities
- Responsible for development and introduction of chemical projects at ASM such as Chemical concept studies and development of chemical processes for customers
- Communication with external chemical experts
- Identify and overcome challenges in existing processes
- Analyze experimental results and formulate technical and scientific reports to a high standard
- Expansion of the application field of the chemical processes
- Implementation of new chemical processes at customer sites
Required Skills and specifications
- PhD (or comparable) degree in chemical engineering or physics
- At least 3-5 years of job experience
- Experience with plasma processing
- Knowledge about laser processing is an advantage
- Experience in the front- and backend processing in the semiconductor industry would be an advantage.
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Good team player, good communication skills and customer oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- International traveling
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Capability to work independently
For more information on this position please contact our HR department through 024-3786288. Please send your application to email@example.com