Junior Test Automation Engineer
For our ASM Laser Technology Centre we are hiring a Junior Test (Automation) Engineer.
At ASM Laser Separation International, we work in an Agile software development environment. Currently, we are building an infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change can thoroughly be tested by push of a button. In our opinion, continuous delivery is not possible without automated tests on a framework that is stable, maintainable, and scalable.
As a part of the Software team, a test automation framework will be developed to automate system level test cases for our Laser 1205 System. It is your task to create and maintain automated test cases using this framework, which will be built by a Senior Test Automation Engineer. Furthermore, you will gather all knowledge required to maintain this test automation framework for our software that constantly pushes the limits of our system’s performance.
We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven, independently troubleshoots technical issues, and likes to drive and provide technical solutions to help development and test teams move faster and be more productive. You will work in close cooperation with the Software Test Engineers, Software Engineers, and other disciplines (mechatronics, optics, lasers). Our software development is done in small project teams. You will be stationed at our headquarters in Beuningen, near Nijmegen.
The overall responsibilities and activities contain:
- Determine test cases which can be automated, in cooperation with the Senior Test Automation Engineer and Software Test Engineers
- Implement a collection of automated tests, starting from existing regression test cases/scenarios and extend it with new functionalities derived from requirements
- Verify documentation of test automation framework for future reference
- Participate actively in software development process, execute automated test suites and give feedback of found problems to software development and test engineering
- Help the Senior Test Automation Engineer in developing a reporting tool to summarize found problems and test coverage
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or software engineering
- Experience with GUI test automation tools such as UFT (QTP), Ranorex, WinRunner or TestComplete
- Experience in writing automated GUI test cases, preferably for complex mechatronics systems
- Preferred experience with C++ and Python
- Preferred experience with SVN, Jenkins and Sikuli
- Preferred experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to operate independently, flexibly, and proactively
- Good English and preferably Dutch language skills
Working at ASM Laser Separation International
With a relatively small team we are able to change our industry with our impressive technology. At our Beuningen Office our Scientists, our Engineers and our Business Professionals work closely to expand our business every day. And unlike in some larger companies, every individual effort makes the difference. We’re learning every day, growing fast. As a company, as a team and as individuals.
So join our team when you want to work hard for a clear goal and develop yourself fast and broad, when you want to be able to (literally) touch your accomplishments and when you still want to have intensive contact with (future) customers. Join our team and become part of our future legacy.
Check all our current job openings for opportunities in your field of expertise at www.alsi.asmpt.com/job-openings/