For our ASM Laser Technology Centre we are hiring a quality engineer.
ALSI is the inventor of the multibeam laser dicing process for semiconductor material and innovator of laser processing equipment. We are part of ASM Pacific Technology and work cl0sely together with other ASM sites and Dutch technological partners for engineering and manufacturing solutions for our Laser 1205 system. We operate in a competitive and highly demanding market. Quality is of vital importance for our success. We are a fast growing company, with our headquarters in Beuningen, in search of a quality engineer who operates on academic level.
The Quality Engineer is the spider in the web for Product Quality and Quality Systems related aspects and will interface with all departments in the organization such as purchasing (supplier relations), Sales and Service (customer relations), Manufacturing (production), System Engineering (SW/HW aspects), Management (reporting). With an interest in technical details, the Quality Engineer will develop an understanding of the LASER1205 machine and is able to conduct certain failure analysis alone and come up with corrective actions.
The responsibilities are broad but also require experience and an interest in technical detail (mechanical/electrical) with the possibility to influence the organization in a constructive and positive manner. Specific areas of responsibilities/involvement are:
- RMA processing and follow up. Faulty parts in the field or during production are returned and require appropriate follow up with the system design engineers or the suppliers (including 8D reporting)
- Supplier contact for RMA follow up and 8D reporting
- Writing quality/8D reports in support to the Service/Sales department for communication towards our customers concerning field failures
- Internal 8D coordination & lead, from root cause analysis to implementation and closure of the corrective action (supported by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager where needed
- Perform audits: with a focus on external (supplier) audits but with possibilities to extend this also internally
- Participate in customer audits
Part of the growth of ALSI is a further push for standardization by means of ISO certification and to align the relevant Quality Systems with ASM Pacific’s way of working. The Quality Engineer will therefore also spend time to setup and maintain the relevant Quality Systems required to pass ISO9001 certification and to help further professionalise the ALSI organisation. Experience with ISO certification/standards is therefore desired.
To seek alignment with the ASM Pacific way of working and the external contacts with suppliers may mean travel is required from time to time.
Required skills and specifications
- At minimum a Bachelor degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Preferably profound knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- 5-10 years of working experience as quality engineer in machinery
- Profound knowledge of quality systems and ISO9001 standards
- Active Learning. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Knowledgeable/experience with MS Office
- Independent and taking initiative to set improvements in motion
- High level of Service mindedness (internal and external)
- Quality driven, not settling for less than 100%
- Safety first mentality, experienced in safety engineering
For more information on this job please contact our HR department through 024-3786288. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org