Senior Industrial Laser Scientist
For our ASM Laser Technology Centre we are hiring a Senior Industrial Laser Scientist.
Laser dicing is a well-accepted technique in the semiconductor market. However, to keep up with the rapidly increasing demands from the industry ASM is continuously improving the laser processing capability. The role of the R&D group is to development new laser and optical concepts and introduce those to launching customers. The Senior Industrial Laser/Optical Scientist plays a strong role in the research phase of the new concepts, and is the leading person in bringing the new concept to an industrial robust customer solution.
The Senior Industrial Laser/Optical Scientist is functionally reporting to ALSI’s R&D Manager and is working in a team with specialists in different fields and at different locations. The Scientist will work from our headquarters in Beuningen, Nijmegen area, but will travel on occasion to other ASM R&D sites, customer’s sites and laser and optics suppliers.
Overall responsibilities and activities
- Responsible for development of the laser and optical concepts for the ASM-ALSI product portfolio of Laser design and development new optical concepts for laser beam manipulation
- Identify and overcome challenges in existing designs
- Analyze experimental results and formulate technical and scientific reports to a high standard
- Expansion of the application fields and laser separation techniques
- Development and implementation of new laser/optical designs at customer sites
Required Skills and specifications
- PhD (or comparable) degree in Laser physics or physics
- At least 10 years of job experience in a high tech industrial environment
- Experience with design and manufacturing of semiconductor equipment
- Solid knowledge on optical and laser design
- Knowledge about laser processing is an advantage
- Experience in the front- and backend processing in the semiconductor industry would be an advantage.
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Good team player, good communication skills and customer oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- International traveling
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Capability to work independently
For more information on this position please contact our HR department through 024-3786288. Please send your application to email@example.com