Senior Optical Engineer
In our Research & Development team we hiring an experienced Senior Optical Engineer.
Laser dicing is a well-accepted technique in the semiconductor market. However, to keep up with the rapidly increasing demands from the industry ASM Pacific Technology is continuously improving the laser processing capability. The role of the R&D group is to develop new lasers and optical concepts and introduce those to launching customers. The Senior Optical Engineer plays a strong role in the development phase of the new concepts, and is the leading person in bringing the new concept to an industrial robust customer solution. The Senior Optical Engineer is functionally reporting to ALSI’s R&D Manager and is working in a team with specialists in different fields and at different location. You will be working in our R&D center at our headquarters in Beuningen, near Nijmegen.
- Responsible for the development of new optical concepts for the ASM-ALSI product portfolio
- Leading R&D scientist in transferring new ideas to real customer value
- Identify and overcome challenges in existing designs
- Analyze experimental results and formulate technical and scientific reports to a high standard
- Expansion of the application fields and laser separation techniques
- Development and implementation of new optical designs at customer sites
Desired Skills and Experience
- MSc (or comparable) degree in Physics or equivalent
- At least 10 years of job experience in a high tech industrial environment
- Experience with design and manufacturing of semiconductor equipment
- Solid knowledge on optical design
- Knowledge about laser processing is an advantage
- Experience in the front- and backend processing in the semiconductor industry would be an advantage.
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Good team player, good communication skills and customer oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- International traveling
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Capability to work independently
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact our HR department trough email@example.com or 024-6782888.