Senior Technology Development Manager Software
Become part of ASM Center of Competency Netherlands
The ASM Center of Competency, located in the Netherlands, is responsible for identifying new high-tech innovation opportunities for the full global ASM Pacific Technology product portfolio.
The equipment portfolio of ASM Pacific Technology covers the complete back-end section of the semiconductor equipment market, and offers comprehensive assembly and advanced packaging solutions for its customers in the fields of optoelectronics, electronics, solar energy, automotive and other segments.
In the ASM Center of Competency we are looking for pro-active candidates with a strong industrial or relevant academic software background in developing solutions for high-tech (semiconductor) equipment. The candidate will work with a wide range of Dutch engineering parties and Universities to generate innovations for existing and new ASM PT products. The technical-content-driven candidate will be responsible for succesfully introducing these innovations, with the shortest possible time-to-market, in the various product teams at ASM in Hong Kong and Singapore. Innovations in the area’s of Industry 4.0, but also industrial vision, IioT, artifical intelligence and machine learning are strongly encouraged.
Overall responsibilities and activities
- Building and maintaining a strong Dutch/European innovation network with the high-tech equipment industry as well as with knowledge centers like the various Technical Universities
- Understanding and translating the needs form the various ASM Pacific Technology product groups in Asia to indentify high-tech innovation opportunities for local network partners
- Responsible for managing the successful introduction of a technical innovation in an existing or new ASM product. Short time-to-market is key.
- Identify new areas for innovation and being able to quickly establish the state-of-the-art for a new technology field
- Responsible for covering the innovations in his/her field of expertise, e.g. machine learning, A.I., big data, Industry 4.0
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of software development processes, preferably for the semiconductor equipment industry
- Strong knowledge in System architecture and system design, multi-core & multithreaded programming
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programmign and programming in C++ and C#
- Experience in the areas of artificial intelligence, industrial vision, deep neural networks, IioT, but also Industray 4.0 and Big Data are very welcome
- Good attitude, open minded and flexible
- Good knowledge of product development process
- Motivated by new innovation opportunities and driven by technical content
- Very good social, communication and presentation skills for bridging the gap between local high-tech innovation partners and ASM product groups in Asia
- Creative out-of-the box thinker
- A keen eye for relevant innovations in the respective field of expertise. Sensitive to new IP opportunities
- Pro-actively driving a project with local partners to succesful completion in order to achieve a short time-to-market for a new innovation
- Reach out for new innovation opportunities, self-propelling
- Fifteen (15) years of industrial experience, preferably in an industrial equipment development environment. However, a relevant academic carreer is also possible for this position
- An academic degree in a software or other relevant academic technical background
For more information on this job please contact our HR department through 024-3786288. Please send your application to email@example.com