- Dicing IR Multi-Beam is mainly used for GaAs material.
- Dicing IR for GaAs works perfect for wafer thickness up to 200µm.
- The Number of Spots and distance between the spots can be varied.
- Beams with a larger spot to spot distance result in a lower HAZ (heat Affected Zone)
- Customer can apply a wet etch after Dicing IR in order to remove Burr and recover Die Strength
Using Multi-beam to your advantage.
We can use the multi beam concept to the fullest by configuring the multi beam layout to support your process. By placing the beams closer together, the interaction between the beams is enhanced. This way the beams “see” each other better and work together to remove the material. This enhances the material removal rate and therefore productivity of the process. However as the beams are positioned closer together this can result in a larger HAZ and therefore it is required to space them further apart. The distance between the beams created by the DOE is referred to as the spot to spot (S2S) distance.