- Dicing-UV is mainly used for Si, SiC, Sapphire, LiNbO3, LiTaO3, Mold compound and GaN materials.
- ASM can supply multiple DOE configurations. Fine tuned for different Applications and Materials
- The Number of Spots and distance between the spots can be varied.
- Depending on the choice of DOE, the recast width, Burr Heigth, HAZ, UPH and DIE strength will vay.
- Beams with a larger spot to spot distance result in a lower HAZ (heat Affected Zone)
- The V-DOE or VI Process will result in Higher DIE Strength
Using Multi-Beam to your advantage
We can use the multi beam concept to the fullest by configuring the multi beam layout to support your process. By placing the beams closer together, the interaction between the beams is enhanced. This way the beams “see” each other better and work together to remove the material. This enhances the material removal rate and therefore productivity of the process. However as the beams are positioned closer together this can result in a larger HAZ and therefore it is required to space them further apart. The distance between the beams created by the DOE is referred to as the spot to spot (S2S) distance.