- Multi-Beam mainly used for Si, SiC, Sapphire, LiNbO3, LiTaO3, Mold compound and GaN materials.
- VI-process is used to clean the sidewall from re-solified material and the top from Burr.
- VI-Process applied results in a clean view of the material and higher Die strength.
- The Number of Spots and distance between the spots can be varied.
- Depending on the choice of DOE, the recast width, Burr heigth, HAZ, UPH and DIE strength will vary.
- Difference between V-Process and VI-Process is that VI-Process shows a larger bottom opening.
- The VI-Process is a patented process.
The most advanced laser dicing process.
The VI-Process is the most advanced use of the multi-beam concept. This process uses a combination of Multi-Beam patterns to achieve the highest die strength possible with today’s laser dicing processes. The superior V-Process for high top-side-die-strength is combined with an optimal balanced line of spots (I-Process) for efficient dicing and high back-side-die-strength. Together this becomes the VI-Process. This Multi-Beam dicing concept results in a consistent dicing depth while ensuring the full removal of bottom materials such as Si, DAF or Metal. Thanks to its precise dicing properties the tape is left intact for optimum results after stretching.