- Dicing UV is mainly used for Si, SiC, Sapphire, LiNbO3, LiTaO3, Mold compound and GaN materials.
- ASMPT can supply multiple DOE configurations. Fine tuned for different Applications and Materials.
- The number of spots and distance between the spots can be varied.
- Depending on the choice of DOE, the recast width, burr height, HAZ, UPH and DIE strength will vary.
- Beams with a larger spot-to-spot distance result in a lower Heat Affected Zone (HAZ).
- The VI-Process will result in Higher die strength.
Using Multi-Beam to your advantage
pLasers have been used for full cut dicing of various types of materials for several decades. The majority of these laser full cut applications use a single beam to deliver the power to the material which needs to be diced. An issue with single beam laser full cut dicing process is a larger Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) since all the power needs to be delivered into one single beam. Specifically for high quality micro machining applications such as semiconductor material full cut dicing a large HAZ is not allowed. This is the driver for ASMPT to develop a multi beam laser full cut dicing process. Using the multi beam concept you deliver the same or even higher total laser power to the material but since it is divided into a large number of beams the power per beam is low and therefore the HAZ generated within the material remains low as well, while the material removal rate is increased. When using a multi beam laser full cut dicing process the productivity is not limited by the maximum amount of power the material can handle before it starts to deteriorate (increase of HAZ) but it is limited by the available laser power since the power can be split into a large number of beams.
- Single beam > Process limited
- Multi beam > high productivity with low HAZ