ASMPT is permanently innovating to improve the value for its customers.
Ultra Short Pulse (USP) processing is next step in grooving technology due to its ‘cold’ nature which translates to close to no burr and a smooth groove profile.
By optimizing the Multi beam matrix concept we enable the utilization of all power available in today’s high power Ultra Short Pulse (USP) laser sources while maintaining the quality improvements. As a result, higher kerf quality at a productivity comparable with our standard Grooving machines.
The technology used enables large variety of grooving widths. Ranging from 10µm up to 150µm or more due to wide selection of multi beam matrix configurations.
Introduction of the system is scheduled for Q1 2022
- Low burr (<1µm); smooth groove profile (<1µm)
- Large variety of grooving widths. Ranging from 10µm up to 150µm
- Extremely high position and grooving accuracy and repro (< ± 1.5µm)
- High UPH due to system concept design focused on laser material processing:
- Ultra short index time
- Kerf check on the fly
- Dual cassette load stations
- Dual coat and clean stations